Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Beet Root Butter Cake Part 2 (Hubby's Bday Cake 2011)


The first birthday cake I made for hubby dearest.
Today is hubby's birthday & he already told me that he wants a birthday cake from me. Though he is not in town, we will be celebrating together later tonight through skype. As the butter cake is already very rich, I decided to make the icing simple. Its not an easy job. Though the icing is not done very evenly but I think its ok, its the thoughts that counts. Haha...

I halved the beet root cake & spread just cream cheese & sprinkled a handful of blended almond (should have added macadamia nuts as its one of the ingredient in the recipe but I have only almonds at home) nuts on the lower half & topped with the other half & spread with lots of fresh whipping cream. I must say I am very nervous while doing it & its really messy. Its the 2nd time I am decorating our cake with fresh whipping cream but still I am not good at it. The last time I did was during Vince's birthday last year.

Suddenly, I have an idea. Instead of decorating with fruits, I think I will just cut out a heart shape template using my baking sheet & dazzle some red sugar sprinkles through the hole. Once done, I searched inside my fridge for more inspiration. Oh, great! I still got some heart shape dark chocolate left. I just follow my heart & decorate the cake. Lastly, sieve some chocolate powder over the cake.

I am just finding back my 'oldself', my passion for arts & creativity. It's a great feeling!

Happy Birthday To You, Honey!

Lots of loves from me.

Jesley

No comments:

Post a Comment