Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Beet Root Butter Cake (Part 1)

I had been wanting to make a cake from this wonderful reddish purple, nutritious vegetable until tonight, when I saw it again at Ntuc. Had intended to make something from strawberries at first but couldn't get any today. So this is really wonderful when I found these fresh looking beet roots and its only S$0.72 for the one in the picture. (That's all I need for a 9" cake.) I just thought maybe I should try to bake a beet root cake then.

Fresh Beet Root.

Its the batter ready for baking. The beautiful pink colour is simply romantic & makes me smiles found the heart. What a wonderful natural colouring from the  vegetable(beet root) itself.


Was too anxious to take the cake out. Though the timer set for 50 mins is up & the outside looks really brown (maybe due to the redness, it looks darker, but the inside was still not ready. The step of checking whether its cook by poking through the cake (I always use satay stick) cant be skipped. In the end, the cake break in the middle as shown in the pictures above. But its okay as I will turn it into some surprise tomorrow.


Made some smaller one as I am too anxious to see what's the pink batter gonna turn out. It took only about 20 mins for the smaller one to bake. Actually, in real the top part looks very pink.


Part 2 to be continued ...

1 comment:

  1. Tks Vincent,

    I am delighted by your invitation And I have added my blog to your site. I hope my simple everyday cooking & baking can really benefit more people.

    Jesley

    ReplyDelete