Monday, March 14, 2011

Layered Fresh Cream Japanese Purple Sweet Potatoes Sponge Cake


I must be addicted to decorating cake with fresh whipping cream. I prepared the sponge cake batter and divided it into 2 portion.  One portion, I baked it in original flavor, spread with fream cream & strawberry syrup and practice the rolling method earlier. The other portion, I added in some mashed purple sweet potatoes and instead of rolling up, I decided to cut the baked cake into half and spread with fresh cream then layered the other half on top. Then I cover the whole cake with fresh whipping cream. Hmm... yum! The kids simply love the fresh cream.

I find the cake a bit plain after spreading it with just fresh cream. Since its already a purple sweet potato sponge cake, I don't want to add any other ingredients. Hmm... I still feel lack of something when I smell something sweet and aromatic. Yes! Its the palm sugar syrup that I prepared earlier. It really match with the sweet potatoes. So after cutting a piece and displaying it on the plate for the camera,  I drizzled some palm sugar syrup over the top.

Done with the photo-taking. Tasted the cake. Yum, its nice! So I pick up my hp again and snapped another close up look of the cake. Don't mind my lousy spreading skill. The cake is yummy & smells really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment