Saturday, February 26, 2011

Fuss-free Pumpkin Light Brown Rice Porridge With Grilled Unagi.

Decided to have something light & easy for dinner today. It's nutritious, grease free, fast & easy to prepare. It's another dark & wet late afternoon. The kids are napping & the whole house is suddenly so quiet. So before going for a short nap too, I washed 3/4 cup of rice (usually I have mix Japanese Sushi rice & brown rice at home) + a big wedge of Japanese pumpkin cubed and set the rice cooker to porridge cooking mode. Then I bring the frozen unagi (always keep some stock at home for lazy moment like this) out to let it thaw in room temperature while the porridge is cooking & me, haha... off to zzzzz....

When I wake up an hour later, the porridge is ready. All I need to do is to transfer the unagi into the aluminium foil & pop into the toaster & let it grill for 12mins. Usually, I will cut it into smaller pieces before grilling as it's easier to handle when its cold.

Its definitely not enough for my elder kids but I will prepare some fruits for them later.




Unagi in Pumpkin Porridge.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment